John N. Mwanga, Director
ACTION TIMES FAMILY CARE.
OFF KISII-KISUMU ROAD
P.O.BOX 1170, KISII, KENYA
Action times family care is non-profit making, non-governmental organization with its mandate to operate in the west Kenya region. Its aim is to join hands with other Cos and other stakeholders including government structures in the scaling up of HIV/AIDS prevention and promotion of sustainable development through promotion of poverty eradicating initiatives for the economically active rural poor and vulnerable groups. The organization started 2003 as a CBO with 12 Christian’s friends and in 2005 it became an NGO, we have a board of directors who manage the organization through there representative as executive director.
- Health life (HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria).
- Civil society Education and empowerment
- Enterprise development and support (poverty eradication)
- Environment, water and sanitation
- Field, training, researches and development
- Education for venerable groups in the community
- Home based care (HBC).
- Reproductive health for youth
- Poverty eradication strategies and training.
- Rural poor farmers.
The organization also integrates cross cutting issues like gender, culture and human rights into her programmes.
To improve socio-economic and physical well being of OVCs, PLWHAS and those affected by HIV/AIDS.
To improve knowledge on reproductive health, attitude, skills, practices and behaviour change of adolescent youth and youth adults on causes of HIV/AIDS and prevention.
C). Care and mitigation.
To improve and maintain the quality life and condition of PLWHAS, their families and communities using the locally available resources.
Action times family care has volunteer base and members, which provide a source of both volunteers and staff for her volunteer activities.
Vision and mission.
Action Times Family Statement
Action Times Family Care is a strong known, credible, non-profit making and dependable non-governmental organization and supplement effort in achieving social and economic justice and growth, Our vision is “to have a healthy and empowered society”, where there is development space for the needy members, information and economic empowerment and empathy replaces sympathy.
To mobilize resources through the power of humanity towards improving the situation of the most vulnerable in the society.” Caring for the needy” members of the society”
To reduce the incidence of HIV/AIDS and increase knowledge of HIV/AIDS transmission, its prevention, effects and coping mechanism so as to improve the quality of life among the youth and the community at large.
- Focus towards village coverage
- Peer youths center approach
- Involvement of relevant sector (education officials, parents, teachers, pupils, MOH, and NGOs)
- To use locally available resources.
- Development and distribution of IEC materials
- Sporting activities
- Trained over 200 volunteer youth peer educators actively supporting their peers to the village level.
- Trained 30 VCT counselors who are currently providing VCT services in 10 VCT sites within Kisii Central and Gucha District.
- Established 2 community based VCT centers (1 in Kisii Central and 1 in Gucha District)
- Formed as solid network of 120 CBOs
- Formed a solid network with government structures, which has enhanced the referral system.
- Counseled and tested over 5,400 clients for the last two years.
- Opened a training center.
- School fees for 47 students in secondary and 600 primary school orphans student.
- Support 267 people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Managed to have our own Office.
- We have another branch Office and we have managed to have 10 hectares of land for future consumption for orphans boarding schools and a church.